Sep 2018 - Present Member of the Board
Dec 2018 - Present Co-Chair
As a co-chair of the Berkeley Lab Postdoc Association, representing about 1000 postdocs from 6 different STEM Research Areas, I meet every day with concerns of early-career scientist about our future path in academia and beyond. Collaborating on different levels with the Berkeley Lab Postdoc Office and the Bay Area Postdocs we support our postdoc community to help them succeed in future career paths. Our primary goal is to enrich the postdocs’ professional and personal lives through various events and activities, including career-development and community-building programs.
Activities I took a leadership role at the association include:
- Leading the organization of the first Berkeley Lab Postdoc Career Fair for 230 postdocs to promote career opportunities in academia, industry and a national lab setting.
- Promoting cultural diversity among postdocs with the Cultural Lunches project.
- Co-organizing career-development and networking activities, e.g., Postdoc-to-Postdoc series, monthly community-building events, and postdoc orientation.
- Overseeing the operations of the Board and four Association’s Committees.
- Serving as the liaison to other postdoc associations and Berkeley Lab Postdoc Office, e.g., during the National Postdoc Association Annual Conference.
- Setting yearly goals for the Association.